My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Learning

I have this nice fancy nancy sewing machine. Red does a lot of things. I am beginning to explore these things. One of them is Free Motion Quilting.  Unlike working on the Long Arm with a program or its Free Motion, this is smaller and not the same stabilization that a Long Arms gives you. I would probably only do this for small projects and not larger ones.

Here is my first attempt at it.  No too shabby.  I need more practice for sure, but it is a start. Keys are keeping things smooth and even. You want even stitches.  It has a rhythm to it all. Once you get in the groove I found it to be easier. 

Look for more to come in this area and I explore Red and all that has to offer.

Not totally even, but totally free hand and first time. Some edges are still a little sharp.


Oh I also made a fabric file hanging folder. Turned out cute!



I have other projects too, but alas I can't show them till after Christmas. I do not want to ruin the surprises for many families.  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment