My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet Memories

Today is a sad day for me. 7 years has past since we lost Alex, but I can close my eyes and remember that day in vivid details. I can even smell the room. I can see the nurse hand us Alex and the Dr. removing the tube. I can even feel his weight in my arms and see my tears glittering on his blanket. The only think that is hard for me now is remembering what he sweet face was like. I try and try, but to no avail. You think back and wish you had taken more pictures or had taken just one certain picture to remember, but in the end you did the best you could to just be there physically and emotionally.

I am thankful that God chose Brad and I to Grace and Alex's parents. I am thankful that he let Alex be with us for a little bit. I also know that we have a tiny angle watching over us each day and that some day we will rock and hold him and get to know Alex. Not going to lie, I have times of hate and so much upset that things didn't turn out the way I wanted them. I try each day to live life in the now and not go back, but times like today are hard.  Here is the few pictures we have of Alex.

God's speed!

Visiting Alex in the NICU the next day
Alex just a day old
Alex 2 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment