My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lizard

I like to think that I am pretty brave sole. I have done and seen things that most won't by the time they are twice my age.  But that is the path that God chose for me.  Any who yesterday I was helping a teacher friend of mine learn this new, well new to our school, leveled reading intervention program. I went to get the box that the resource material are located in. I sat in on the floor and opened the top. A gecko came at me. Yes I swear it came at me.  (Ok I know in my brain it really was more scared of me then him, but they are gross and scare me.) I lost it, really I lost it! I screamed, yelled and couldn't stop waving my hands around. I was very unnerved. The thing wasn't more than 3 inches long.  Thankfully my teacher friend isn't terrified of them as I am. Her and a student were able to catch it and dispose of it.  BUT, BUT the tail had come off. I had no idea that it kept moving!  ACK, UGH, AHHHHHHHH. That tail moving all by itself totally grossed me out. I felt faint too.

After all the drama I was able to help my friend and move on. But today when I went to get that same box down, I had a student do it and look around BEFORE I touched it.  Yup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment