My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 1 of new Sewing Adventure

Day 1 of Quilting.

Well today went good I think. I am making a quilt from another blog on here. Crazy Mom Quilts. It is her Flea Market Fancy quilt. I have sewed many things in the past, but this will be my first quilt. Back in the spring I finally chose all my fat quarters and then my mother-in-law found a pattern that is great. Since Thanksgiving break is fast approaching I thought this would be a good time.

So today I sat down and cut all my fabric pieces. Things were going well. I was cutting nice 3.5" pieces and then going back and making my smaller cuts. I had done about 4 sets when I came to a fat quarter that wasn't 22" long! UGH frustrating. My color scheme is mostly purple, yes I know, with a few greens. Guess what color was short almost each time? Yup the greens. But no fear I will make it work.

With that said all the pieces are cut. Right now I have enough to make 26 blocks. The pattern is for 20 blocks so I can play around with my colors and layouts. The rest of the week will be devoted to piecing and making my quilt top. ;o)

Here are some pictures of what I have done today.

Wish me luck!


Before I started my cutting today.




This is my first block that is finally cut.




All done! Well for today that is. Wednesday I will begin putting it together, with some help of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment