My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chevron quilt

So even though  my last project took me forever. But in between that I did make 3 memory quilts,  table runner and countless things for the girls.

I started my nieces quilt tonight. I got the idea from Marcia and then watched the tutorial on Missouri Star Quilt Company using a layer cake. I just LOVE her tutorial. They are easy to follow, hear and see. Now my squares are 10.5" but in her video she says you can use any sized square ya want. I also have a pattern all colored coded with fabric samples on it. I will have to take a picture of it to show.

Tonight I was able to get FOUR rows done!  In just one hour. That was with all the cutting too.  WOW. I already love this quilt and have plans to make one more for good friend who is pregnant too!

here is what I got done tonight.

I haven't sewn the rows together yet. I need to make sure my squares are all even. I stopped before that. But for one hour of work, after the kids were fed and put to bed is pretty good. 

I won't get to work tomorrow night. Dance night and a school event.  Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get busy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment