My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 2 on Carousel Quilt

Piecing, piecing, piecing....

That should be a song for quilters. Doesn't feel like I got a lot done, but OH my it was a puzzle. I was able to finish chaining my pieces together, iron out my seams and begin the piecing and placing of my blocks.

First I had to finish some biding for the baby clothes quilt. It is off to Marcia's to be quilted tomorrow!!


Rows A and B mostly laid out. With the fabrics being so dominate I needed to make sure that they were evenly distributed throughout the quilt.
So I called on the Engineer and puzzle master to help. As you can see WHOA fabric! 9 rows total with 7 pieces per row. There is a bit missing to. Lattice pieces go between each piece and on the ends. Brad LOVES, puzzles I mean LOVES them. So he was willing to help. He is always willing to help me cut, figure and piece.  Love him! I am not the biggest fan of puzzles.  Brad says that is why quilting suites me. Cause it is my kind of puzzle. I can cut the pieces to fit anywhere.  ;o)

Well here is the sort of finished product.  Going to sleep on it tonight, and take one last look before I start putting the rows together. But I like the distribution of fabrics.  We check both vertically and horizontally to make sure the same fabrics weren't in each row or column.  Goodness.

I really love the earthy tones of this fabric line. I am getting excited about how this is turning out.

Headed to bed over it all, going to sleep on the layout. Tomorrow is a busy day, more dr. appts too. Headed to Marcia's www.stitchmemories.com to have my baby quilt professionally quilted. Then she will be helping me make squares that are two half triangles for the block of the month. Oh and don't forget a Hobby Lobby stop for some Kona Cotton.

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment