My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oh My longarm!!!

Well today I had the pleasure of spending most of it with my Mother-in-law and her BEAUTIFUL Longarm Quilting machine. she has a state of the art Gammill Optima machine with a Statler Stitcher. It is a beauty and oh how it can make your quilt beautiful.

Today I was able to finish the baby quilt I have been making for a friend. Marcia did a free hand stitch. WOW. So what you see below is all her doing.

 Getting the backing all pinned and ready for the batting and top.
 Basting around the edges before she began
 A quilitng she goes. I love having my tops done here. Not only is the company good, but makes all my hard work at piecing come together in the end and jut icing on the cake.
 Almost finished. Wanted to take a picture of it while it was still rolled.
 Just the back of the quilt. Love this pattern she created. Also enjoy the fact that it doesn't take away from all the baby clothes and goes inline with the fabric for the backing.
 The finished product. Minus the binding being whipped on. I hope Susan and Gabe enjoy it as much as I do.

A better close up of the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment