My girls

My girls
Grace getting to hold her sisters hand for the first time.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Thread catcher

Took a break from quilting tonight.  Couple of reasons.

  1. It was just one of those days, ya know?
  2. I ran out of white thread!  ACK!!!
  3. Brad tried to find the thread I wanted, but it couldn't. Its ok I rather get it any who.
  4. I had some other projects I wanted to do.

I found this super cute little fabric basket at  Pink Penguin

Of course I made some changes, based on what I had.

 I found this cool fat quarter. If you look close you will see all kinds of words related to sewing. It is really neat far away too. I thought this would make the perfect thread catcher basket. so I changed up the pattern and instead of quilting a bunch of little squares I just made a band on top of the heavier fabric.


I used  a heavy out door fabric from my stash for the bottom. Hoping that it would give the basket a little more stability. On the right I am basting the finished outside to batting. I liked the idea of adding batting between the layers.








Since Red has so many new functions once I was done I thought why not use some of her decorative stitches?  So I did. Isn't this cute?  When I did the last 2 baskets I used a contrast color so it shows better. I also decided to leave the handles off. I was afraid they would get in the way or they would catch on something.

 cute litte spools. Fitting for a thread catcher basket.
 All done. Pretty sturdy too
Sorry that it is fuzzy. I made three tonight. Easy I only worked for about 2 hours, maybe less.  Too breaks to play with Evelyn. On my last basket I thought it would be nice to have a little of the inside layer trim the top. Gave one to Mom. She is already using it for Nana's stuff.  ;o)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment